So Eugene Melnyk has joined Twitter (@melnykeugene). The Ottawa Senators organization has confirmed Melnyk's presence on the social networking tool, but I won't believe it's truly him until Twitter's forensic investigators validate his presence themselves.
It's a great day for those who always looking forward to hearing what the Sens' unabashed owner has to say. And now that he has the freedom and access to a completely uncensored medium, he introduced himself to the Twittersphere by writing:
Now whether it's really him sending out tweets or some button pushing lackey whose existence and purpose it is to translate Euge's ramblings into some coherent and politically correct 140-characters or less blurbs, we'll never know...
Here are your top ten ways to validate whether it's really Eugene Melnyk operating his Twitter account:
- His second Tweet is, "I must be the only person in the world who believes this is going to end well."
- He uses Twitter to aggressively push his nasal spray orgasm drug.
- He forgot to turn off his email notifications informing of his new Twitter followers and openly complains about this somehow being Matt Cooke's fault.
- CIT Financial Ltd keeps sending him tweets thanking him for repaying their clients.
- Alfie has blocked him.
- After every loss, he feels compelled to send pep tweets to his players.
- He keeps Tweeting @fadoobobcat asking when he can come back on his program.
- A #hotdogsareimportant hashtag starts trending in Ottawa.
- After every embarrassing interview he gives on the Fan 590, he tweets, "Remember the time I saved this franchise from bankruptcy and brought the Eagles to town?"
- He keeps sending "You should have been a Senator" tweets to @GaryRobertsHPT.