Do you need another reason to grow a moustache this month?The 6th Sens wants you to join the Movember campaign to raise awareness and funds for men's health and prostate cancer research. To reward you for supporting Prostate Cancer Canada, you'll be eligible to participate in our Movember contest. Together with the Ottawa Senators organization, we'll be giving away a prize each week to reward you for growing a duster and supporting a great cause.
If you haven't signed up yet, here are the details:
- To sign up go to ca.movember.com
- Once you have signed up, you can choose to join a network.
- Type Ottawa Senators into the search field and you will be prompted to join the network.
- From there, you can choose to join one of three teams. This is optional, but recommended. You can choose from Team Karlsson, Carkner or Konopka.
- If you have any questions about Movember they can all be answered in the FAQ section at ca.movember.com/faq/. If not, drop us an email and we’ll see what we can do to get you an answer.
- Once you have signed up to the Movember.com network, email us with the link to your profile page to be eligible for the prizes.
My Movember page, aka the official moustache of The 6th Sens can be tracked here. If you feel like donating to it, it can be as much or as little as you want. I have been suggesting a 92 cent donation to commemorate the Senators inaugural season. Of course, any amount is welcomed.
You can also track the progress of Erik Karlsson, Zenon Konopka and Matt Carkner at the Senators’ new Movember Twitter account @SensStache. If you have Twitter, I highly recommend giving it a follow. If not, all the more reason to get on Twitter and become part of the Ottawa Senators Movember community.
Even if you're not growing a moustache of your own, you can still support Movember by purchasing the Ottawa Senators' Movember Madness ticket package or an imitation moustache, which will be on sale during November games at Scotiabank Place.
The Movember Madness ticket package, available now at www.capitaltickets.ca, includes a game ticket and a voucher for a Movember T-shirt, an imitation moustache and a large Rickard’s draft beer from Frank Finnigan’s on game night. All of this costs just $35. Five dollars from each ticket package will be donated to the Movember charity through the Sens Foundation.
There is also the 'Movember Pack' ticket package which includes these games:
- Nov 5th vs Buffalo
- Nov 9th vs NY Rangers
- Nov 27th vs Carolina
10 Ticket Packages are Available in 100 and 300 levels, which include:
- 10 Tickets
- 10 Mustaches
- 10 T-Shirts
- 10 Rickards Products (must be of legal drinking age)
- Charitable donation
100 Level Package - $1,000 that includes $250 donation - it works out to $100/person (includes a ticket, beer, mustache, T-shirt and $25 donation each)
300 Level Package - $ 350 that includes $50 donation - it works out to $35/person (includes a ticket, beer, mustache, T-shirt and $5 donation each)
- WEEKLY - 2 x seats for a bronze or silver game (game TBD).
- OVERALL WINNER - a complete 100 level pack, including 2 tickets, parking and $20 worth of food and beverage vouchers (game TBD).
In Week One, we'll award a pair of tickets randomly to someone just for signing up.
In Week Two, we'll award a pair of tickets to someone for the most growth.
In Week Three, we'll award a pair of tickets to someone for the worst 'stache.
In Week Four, we'll award a pair of tickets for the best style.
At the end of the month, we'll award an overall winner based on fundraising totals and overall appearance.
Hey Tim, not sure if this math is correct:300 Level Package - $ 350 that includes $50 donation - it works out to $100/ person (includes a ticket, beer, mustache, T-shirt AND $25 donation each)
If 350 gets you 10 tickets, shouldn't it work out to $35 per person? A helluva deal IMHO.