Senators 2, Rangers 1
It was really difficult to go against the Rangers in this one. Their best players had a lengthy and emotionally exhausting Olympic tournament -- Gaborik, Drury, Callahan, and to a lesser extent, Lundqvist. Sorry, I'm just not convinced that Wade Redden will be able to dust off the best first pass in the NHL after a two week hiatus.
To handicap the Rangers further, Larry Brooks has revealed on Twitter that neither Gaborik or Michael Del Zotto will play tonight. Here are the lines for the Ottawa Senators:
- Brian Elliott gets the start in nets.
- ESPN Insider cites Elliotte Friedman as the source for the Senators' interest in Marek Svatos. They also indicate that a 3rd round pick (at best) will get the job done.
- The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that the Senators have an interest in Milan Jurcina. Yuck.
- ESPN Insider mentions that Ottawa has an interest in the Islanders' Andy Sutton. Allegedly, Garth Snow is looking for a 1st rounder but it's believed that the actual return for Sutton will be a high pick and a prospect. (Ed. note: Sutton was acquired this afternoon for the 2nd round pick that San Jose sent to Ottawa in the Dan(n)y Heatley trade.
- Bruce Garrioch is reporting that Dennis Seidenberg is owed a $1.25M bonus at the conclusion of the NHL season thereby diminishing his trade value considerably.
- The Flyers, like most teams have made their position known to the sellers and are waiting. As of now the price is too high and requires picks. The Flyers have interest in Hamhuis, Cullen and Armstrong. Also Vokoun who is now apparently ready to waive his NTC. Which is huge. (Eklund, Hockeybuzz) Maybe Randy Sexton was right when he discussed rumo(u)r internet sites in our recent edition of the podcast.
Trina Maus went off the board, picking coach Cory Clouston because of his personality.
“He’s sexy for doing the ‘Don’t Drink and Drive’ commercials,” noted the 32-year-old Trina. ~ Ottawa Sun
What else needs to be said other than, BWAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!