If you haven't heard, Saturday's Alfredsson 1000th game celebration will no longer be exclusive to the fans at ScotiaBank Place. No. According to the Ottawa Sun, Saturday will be Alfie Day in the nation's capital. An announcement is expected to be made by the mayor, Larry O'Brien, on Friday morning.
Here are a couple of things that should be done on Saturday:
- Switch the flag atop the Parliament Buildings to a Swedish flag.
- Some kind of furniture discount at Ikea.
- At City Hall, Subway will donate free meatball subs to all those in attendance.
- Dalhousie, the street that features the Swedish embassy, should be temporarily named to support number eleven. Plus, this measure would also help confuse a number of hos who frequent the Byward Market.
- Don't expect the City of Ottawa to pony up and reward everyone with a commemorative t-shirt.
- Pub Italia needs to add some Swedish beer to their infamous Beer Bible for consumption on this festive occasion.